Sunday, April 15, 2007

When self promoting yourself and your small business there is a fine line between bragging and promoting. Be careful!

QUESTION.
I'm learning how to get better at self promotion. I have to since I'm now self-employed and have to be the rainmaker for may small professional services firm. I'm afraid I'm coming off as a braggart in many instances. Do you know of a good book I can get that will help me with the problem?

ANSWER.
That's interesting that you should ask me that question. I just reviewed the book I think you need. See

Brag!: The Art of Tooting Your Own Horn without Blowing It
By: Peggy Klaus
(c) 2004
ISBN: 0446692786

Make sure you read the numerous book reviews for it, too. Good luck! Regards, -Jeff

Jeff Lippincott
SCORE.org Counselor
Princeton, NJ
scoreprinceton @ aol.com
www.scoreprinceton.org
www.jlippin.com

No comments: