Sunday, April 15, 2007

If you want to start a CPA firm, then you'd better get expert at self-promotion. Rainmaking is where it is at!

QUESTION.
I'm in the process of putting together a business plan for a solo practice CPA firm. I'm not too expert on how to go about marketing it. Can you give me some things to think about?

ANSWER.
Sure. There are probably seven topics I could discuss in answering your question. They are:

1. advertising
2. public relations
3. publicity
4. online marketing
5. customer service
6. self promotion
7. networking

Search my GUIDES and BOOKLISTS for some books on these topics. It is very important that you become expert on these topics before you start your new firm. Make sure you can design and build a great Web site. Also, consider joining a Toastmasters club and getting active in it. It will help you develop leadership skills and become a good public speaker.

I hope my comments are helpful to you. Good luck! Regards, -Jeff

Jeff Lippincott
SCORE.org Counselor
Princeton, NJ
scoreprinceton @ aol.com
www.scoreprinceton.org
www.jlippin.com

No comments: