Monday, May 28, 2007

When you have a question about an IRS tax form, then visit the IRS Web site and get the instruction guide for the form.

QUESTION.
I am the Treasurer for a non-profit, 501 (c) (3) organization here in California. Our federal exempt letter states that we must file a form 990, although we do not bring in enough money per the IRS guidelines on the 990 instructions. Are there resources to help complete the form? I am very confused about the breakdowns of events, revenue vs. total receipts, etc., and I don't want to complete this in error.

ANSWER.
The instruction booklet for filling out the Form 990 can be downloaded by using the following link. See http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i990-ez.pdf.

I hope my comments are helpful. Feel free to send me follow-on questions via email. Good luck! Regards, -Jeff

Jeff Lippincott
SCORE.org Counselor
Princeton, NJ
scoreprinceton @ aol.com
www.scoreprinceton.org
www.jlippin.com

No comments: