Saturday, March 3, 2007

One of the things an entrepreneur has to cover in her business plan is Choice of Legal Entity.

QUESTION.
I'm starting an online job search engine. How can I cover myself legally until I can afford a lawyer?

ANSWER.
A lawyer will not cover you legally. You can form an LLC (limited liability company) for starters. Visit your county court house's law library (free) and ask the law librarian there to show you the book on forming LLCs. Then log online to your state's business filing site and register your LLC.

You may want to take out some liability insurance, but you don't need a lawyer for that.

I hope my comments are helpful. Feel free to send me follow-on questions via email. Good luck! Regards, -Jeff

Jeff Lippincott
SCORE.org Counselor
Princeton, NJ
scoreprinceton @ aol.com
www.scoreprinceton.org
www.jlippin.com

No comments: